- Provide General Awareness Training as required by the US DOT in 172.704.
- Understand the CFR 49 sections for hazmat packaging/shipping requirements and your responsibilities.
- Properly classify/identify flammable or corrosives (PG I, II, III) materials and hazmat table usage to include Safety Data Sheets Transportation section 14.
- Properly select the correct non-bulk UN specification packages or Limited Quantity packages for shipments.
- Properly mark/label non-bulk UN packages or Limited Quantity packages.
- Correctly annotate/complete required shipping documents.
- Understand required emergency response information required for shipping documents.
- Understand required Security Awareness training.
- Safety training OSHA HazComm Right-To-Know. (CFR 29, 1910-1200)
Training Chapters Includes:
- Introduction to Corrosive Material In Non-Bulk Quantities
- General Awareness
- Packaging, Marking & Labeling
- Limited Quantities
- Overpack & Placarding
- Security Awareness / Safety
- Function Specific Training
These Flammable or Corrosive Material in Non-Bulk Quantities certification courses introduce the domestic requirements for transporting Class 3 or 8 Hazardous Materials. These courses meet the General Awareness/Function Specific training requirements under Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) for the transportation of Dangerous Goods ( US DOT/PHMSA Hazardous Material Regulation CFR 49, 172.704).
Specifically, these programs deliver the essential information required to correctly ship non-bulk flammable or corrosives domestically. This includes general information on Flammable or Corrosive Material packaging and shipping in non-bulk capacity.
Customized Test and Certificate:
After successfully completing each chapter test and training, the student may print their Certificate of Training as their record of training.
Training Based on US Regulations:
These programs meet the transportation requirements under Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) for the transportation of Dangerous Goods ( US DOT/PHMSA Hazardous Material Regulation CFR 49, 172.704).
Internet Training Highlights:
- Valid throughout a 12 month cycle (from date of purchase)
- Automatic Updates
Training is presented in accordance with 49 CFR. Course objectives are for students to be able to apply the Dangerous Goods regulations properly, understand their responsibilities, know both visible and hidden hazards, know the proper Shipping Names required, know the value of using a checklist and how to properly pack, mark, label and document shipments of Non-Bulk Quantities of Class 3 or Class 8 Hazardous Materials.
Flammable or Corrosive Compliance training programs are sold as separate training modules and are not combined into one training class.